We are looking for artists at any stage in their careers to submit a work for a group show that investigates their experiences as artists living and working in Sydney.
Gaffa Gallery is committed to nurturing emerging art, craft and design. This year in collaboration with early career curator Pearl de Waal, we would like to investigate how living and working in Sydney – our hometown – influences local artists’ work.
- We are accepting proposals from artists, designers and arts organisations
- You may work in any medium
- There is no participation fee, gallery fee or any other fee required from participating artists
- Gaffa takes 25% commission but artist may opt NFS
- The exhibition will run over April 26 - May 7. Artists must be available to install their work on April 25 (Anzac day) and to de-install their work on May 8.
- You must be an artist living and working in Sydney
- You will need to give an artist talk on your work
- Successful applicants will work closely with Gaffa and external curatorial staff to present work for this exhibition.
- Submission deadline: 1 March 2018
- Accepting existing work
- May be a single work or a series, but the entirety of your project must not exceed 3 metres cubed
- The Artist has demonstrated experience in providing an engaging artist talk
Submit your proposal to email@example.com along with:
- A CV (2 pages max)
- 3 x 300 DPI images of work (promotional quality)
- An artist statement (maximum 100 words)
- An artist biography (maximum 50 words)
- Proof of address
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please note that Kimberley's office hours are Weds-Sat.
Web banner by Rita Kidd - a photographic series that explores Gaffa Creative Precinct's heritage-listed 19th century police station.